Sunday 4 February 2007

roly poly ever soooooooooooooooo slowly!

Naomi's appetite has dwindled the last couple of days; she has ANOTHER cold! And what she does eat takes FOREVER.

I'm still worried at the balance of what she eats. We had chicken pesto last night which she regarded as totally evil so we washed the sauce off and she ate it! Well the broccoli & carrot at least. Didn't seem to want the chicken.

Today was a bit more successful. We were at friends and they had cooked roast lamb, yum yum! So plenty of potato & carrot and I think some parsnip & celeriac also went down along with the meat. At one point she had a long strip of lamb that she sucked and sucked all the goodness out of and then waved around in her fist like a floppy flag!!! She tried the pear & mincemeat crumble offered for pudding but much preferred the standard banana!

Tea was soft cheese sandwiches with tomato pressed into the cheese. Naomi still has trouble with tomato in wedges or pieces so I'm resorting to this method. Daddy didn't cut the tomato fine enough but she managed a lot of it without too much trouble.

Our friends had another friend staying, a child psychologist, and she was very interested in Naomi wanting to feed herself at this age and managing her grip really quite successfully. She was also very pro baby signing so I scored lots of points there. And she said Luke (not quite 4) definitely had the language ability of a 5 year old. One chuffed mummy! The best bit was that she had some interesting input on grommets. She works with children whose language is delayed for all sorts of reasons, glue ear being one of them. Luke's development is obviously NOT an issue and makes me more inclined to see if I can find an alternative to the surgery that is bound to be proposed later this month. I've been reading how cranial osteopathy can really help so will explore that further.

I had a complete flip at DH last night about Naomi's eating. I think I'm under stress from it, her not sleeping through (although she did last night woohoo!) and the fact that she is coming off her medication soon. But he did, FINALLY, take me seriously and has made some notes about how we can begin to extend her range a little. He's always behind my decisions but I think he's realised how I'd like him to be in front of one or two of them.

No comments: