Saturday 10 February 2007

who ate all the pies.........?

I'll give you one guess ha ha! Thanks to a recipe from another May 06 Mummy also doing BLW, I made some puff pastry pies and filled them with left overs that I had. So there was roast chicken, sweet & ordinary potato, cauliflower and red leicester cheese for moistness. About the size of a mince pie they cook in 20 minutes, are great cold in the fridge and also freeze & reheat really well.
Naomi simply devours them and I can see that they will be great for out and about days.

I also got a good book from the library on finger food. I had it when ds was little 3 years ago but we never had these challenges with him so I never did much from it. But given the success with the pies, I can see that the spring rolls, pancakes, samosas and mini quiches should be a great hit with the little madam. Can't wait to get started!

She's as full of cold as ever but she is still eating, drinking her milk and sleeping well without the Medised that we had been using. Long may it continue!

No comments: