Thursday 1 February 2007

daddy's turn

DH should have been on a half day today but his meeting over-ran, BIG BOOS!, and he was home only quarter of an hour early. So I made him do dinner ha ha.

We had sausage pasta. I have some organic quick cook sausages that I keep in for emergencies. They are mostly cooked before going into the packaging and are sold in the supermarket chiller. I then freeze them and they take 4-5 mins max under the grill. So he did Naomi one of those and we had ordinary sausages. I'm not against these for her but the organic ones are much better.

Pasta spirals were still a bit of a challenge unfortunately. Lots of other BLW babies without teeth seem to manage them but not Naomi. So she had more gnocchi and the usual carrot, broccoli and cauliflower. We're in for another smelly morning tomorrow yuck! Cauliflower just makes her stink. But its so good for her and she loves it.

DH is now off until Monday so I am determined to try and make ravioli and see if that works any better. Can only wait and see. And MUST get the raspberries out to defrost, forgot them again today.

We went to Toddler Group today and she wasn't happy that I was eating custard creams. But I really don't like biscuits or rusks for babies, not even the Organix ones. I've just got this mental block about them. When Luke was 1 or so I used to give him the Organix animal biscuits that are sweetened with apple juice but Naomi still seems a bit too young for all of that.

No comments: