Saturday 17 March 2007

party party party

More porridge for breakfast, getting a bit of a pattern here! But its so good for the children and no wheat which, given how much she likes a sandwich I do worry about. And we can get fruit into it so we win on all fronts!

Luke had been invited to a 4th birthday party today so we all schlepped over to Bushey and had a great time. It was at a soft play centre so Naomi sat in the ball pit and bashed them together. It had a netting structure for the sides and she thought it was hilarious that we threw the balls against Daddy who was peering in from the other side! Not that I let her have the party food as they had chips, fishfingers & pizza followed by very chocolately cake (which was VERY yummy but don't tell her!). So she had more hummous sandwiches, a petit filous and some banana.

But if that wasn't enough, tonight she ate a whole 2-egg omelette, at least half of a fruit pot and some more banana. In fact DH said he stopped feeding her because he was afraid she'd eaten too much. And she STILL had a 7oz bottle before bed. Long may the growth spurt continue. There was a baby at the party today who was born 2 weeks after Naomi and she was much bigger. But then she was being fed the traditional way. And the more I read and see about BLW, the more I see that babies regulate their own intake and I have to trust this. Its just that I'm slightly taller than average and my husband and brother are very tall so I'd like her to have some height too. Ho hum. All in the genes and I can do zilch about them!

No comments: